Thursday, April 05, 2007

landscaping

I really need to have a professional out to do my front yard. I just do not have the skill to do that. The past 2 years it has been just dirt and weeds. The problem is that it will cost at least 1500 and I just do not have that this year, maybe next year. For the mean time I think that I will put a raised bed for bulbs around one of the trees and see if I could plant a fruit tree to shade the front window in the summer. I have a few bulbs that have come up this year where my brother parks, so they need to be moved.

The backyard is doing a little better but not by much. I need to find out how much it would cost to cut down a few trees. One of them looks like the center is rotting out and if it was to fall it would hit the house. The others are not the right kind of tree for the area and that is where I want to put some fruit trees and grapes. I am going to make a raised garden out of straw bales. This will allow me to try out the location and I should not have to worry much about weeds.

No comments: