Thursday, February 28, 2008

Daring Bakers Feb

Hello, For this month The Daring Baker's made Julia Child's French Bread. This was a time consuming recipe. I have to say as French breads go it was Ok. I prefer the recipe I go with my bread machine.

And now the pictures.

Before first rise.

Here they are just before the final rise, this took 3 hours.

It was fun getting both on one cookie sheet and into the oven.


It came out with a nice crust, the shape did not hold however. It tasted good though.

The crumb was not bad.



It went over well at the Potluck that I went to. Out of the 2 loaves this was what was left.

6 comments:

CB said...

I admit that I will probably still bake bread with my bread machine too. Your bread looks awesome in the pics and obviously very tasty from the lack of leftovers. Great job!
-Clara
http://iheartfood4thought.wordpress.com

L Vanel said...

Even if you plan to go back to the bread machine, you have now baked French bread. And it looks pretty good too.

Jaime said...

good job! looks like everyone else loved it even if you weren't a big fan!

Unknown said...

Good job completing the challenge! This wasn't an easy one.

breadchick said...

Your crumb looks nice. Thanks for baking with Sara and I

Deborah said...

It looks like it was a hit at your potluck, though!