Sunday, January 28, 2007

Face Pain

I have been having pain in my face since September. For most of the time my Dr. thought that it was a chronic sinus infection. I went though 4 different types of antibiotics. Some that had side effects that I did not like. I finally got an ENT appointment and a CT. It turns out that there was nothing wrong with my sinus. He thought that it might be my wisdom teeth coming in.

I went to my dentist and it was not my wisdom teeth. It turns out that I have a bad bite and that this is what it causing the pain. He filed some of my teeth down to get them to tough in the right spot but told me this is only a temporary measure and I need to go to an orthodontist. 3 days after he did this the pain is gone for the most part. After I clench my teeth some of the pain comes back. I have made appointments with three different orthodontist in the next two weeks to see what they have to say.

The fun part to all of this is that my dental insurance will not cover any of it.

No comments: