Monday, May 21, 2007

recipes

At what point does a recipe become yours? When you change 2, 3, 4 ingredients . When you add 2, 3, 4 different things? When 2, 3, 4 things are taken out? When you can no longer remember what the original recipe was?

I made 2 different kinds of bread this Saturday. I changed about half of one and only kept the idea of the second one, I like the name, Chocolate Loves Vanilla Bread. Are they my recipes now? Susan's Basic White Bread I used soy milk instead of milk, butter instead of oil, less salt, white wheat flour instead of bread flour, halved the recipe and added around a half cup of cubed cheese. I also used a bread machine to mix and rise the dough. Is this enough of a difference to call it my recipe?

With the Chocolate Loves Vanilla Bread I used a different sweet bread base, one I made up years ago and used chips as well as ground chocolate. this really is a recipe that I changed everything but the name. I think that if I go with a different name I could claim it.

Anyway they came out pretty good. The cheese bread needs a little more cheese and next time I make it I am going to use whole wheat and white wheat. It came out just a little to soft.

No comments: