Tuesday, October 03, 2006

socktoberfest

  • When did you start making socks? Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?
I took a class. This was in May.

  • What was your first pair? How have they "held up" over time?
I never finished my first pair. I do not like the yarn at all. My second par were a set of Jaywalkers I made for my sister. She likes them.

  • What would you have done differently?
For my first pair I would have gone and bought good yarn. I was using a wool acrylic mix and I hate the feel of them.


  • What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?
Socks that rock and lorna's laces.

  • Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?
I tend to use DPNs and then when I do the bottom of the foot I use 2 DPNs and one circular

  • Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)
I only know how to do the flap heel. I am trying to learn how to do the short row.

  • How many pairs have you made?
3 complete ones and 2 that are lonely.

No comments: