Sunday, October 29, 2006

You Know You're a Bookaholic When...

I got this from DianneCastell

I thought that is was funny.


1) You haunt the bookstores waiting for that new release, and the clerks ask you if you'd like to set up a tent.

No, but I have a list of the books I want for the next year with when they come out and the ISBN number, to make it easy to order.

2) You pack all your books for a trip but forget your underwear.

I have not forgotten underwear but I have forgotten socks.

3) Before you buy a purse you make sure a paperback will fit inside.

I do not have a purse but when I made my jacket I made the pockets large enough to hold a paperback book.

4) You become murderous when you discover a friend lost a book you loaned her.

No, but I have made them buy me a new one and never lent a book to them again.

5) Your twin sons' names are Rhett and Ashley.

No children.

6) You look forward to jury duty because you'll have all that waiting time to read.

That or knit.

7) You call in sick so you can finish reading a book.

No but I have been late because I could not stop reading.

8) You can't pass a bookstore without stopping.

This I can do. Mostly because the books I want I have to special order.

9) When you move you have more boxes labeled "books" than anything else.

Yes. This makes it expensive to move.

10) You plan a day of shopping around all the bookstores you want to visit.

No but I do plan what yarn stores I go to. I went to Denver this weekend for a science fiction convention and I had directions to 2 different yarns stores.

11) Your kids holler from the other room with something they consider a dire emergency, and you say, "Wait until I finish this page."

No children.

12) Your car is broke down, and it doesn't really matter because your favorite bookstore is right across the street.

Not going to happen, I am still paying for the car. I would be more worried about how much book money will it take to pay to fix the car.

13) You're sitting in the bathroom at 1:30 a.m., crying over the ending of your current read, when you know you have to be up at six to drive 150 miles and spend the day on your feet before driving back.

I have done this.

14) You read at red lights and get honked at because you were so engrossed that you didn't notice the light had turned green.

The red lights where I am you can read 3 to 4 pages before it turns green.

15) It's 2am and you think "just another chapter" and do the same thing at 3am when you know you have to get up in 4 hours and work.

Yup.

16) You deliberately get to the bus/train station early, or even worse, just miss the bus/train so that you have more reading time.

Done this too.

17) Your significant other runs into the room to make sure you're alright because he heard you wailing so hard over a sad read he thought you were dying.

No but I have called up my sister to complain.

18) You try reading and walking at the same time.

On a treadmill this is posable.

19) You don't really mind if you get stranded anywhere as long as you have enough books while you're there.

True.

20) You start haunting your mail box when you're waiting for a new book to arrive and can't do anything useful until the mail has arrived.

I am online to see exactly where the book is now.

21) You start fabricating excuses as to why you can't go out with your friends when you're in the middle of a great book.

I have missed parties by sitting outside in the car reading just one more chapter.

22) You dash out and sit in the park and read during your lunch hour (or sneak in a few chapters at your desk).

Done this.

23) You start thinking of the characters as real people.

No, sometimes I wish that they were real people and I some times talk like they are real people but I know what is real and not.

24) You get a friend or relative hooked on romance so you'll have another place to get books, but unfortunately it doesn't work quite right and they start borrowing from you.

I did this this weekend. I am a pusher of books.

25) You start up conversations with people in the bookstore who just look like they're dying to read a good romance but are having a hard time finding one.

I have hand sold books this way.


No comments: