Tuesday, January 22, 2008

chili


I made chili from scratch for the first time Sunday. It came out pretty good. Monday I went and pressure canned it. I have 5 quart and one pint jar with no chili in that pot left over. I had to put some of the spicy chili in the freezer, I did not have enough of the cooler parts to make it then. That and I ran out of room in the pot. The nice part of pressure canning it is that if I just do not want to cook all I have to do it open the jar and heat it up. This also works well for lunch, I tend to keep at least one jar at each of my work's. Normally I just take some calls of no bean chili and add more meat and lots of beans.

2 comments:

Princess Frodo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Princess Frodo said...

No beans in chili!? O.o Blasphemy!

>.>

I made my chili too spicy, and I think I ruined my ladle. ^.^; Now I know how dad burned the inside of his. ^.^;