Sunday, October 05, 2008

Bookmarked Recipes - dried marinated tomatoes



For Bookmarked Recipes this week I am going to tell you about one that I made a few weeks ago. Big Black Dog called it oven dried tomatoes. I did it in my old dehydrator, this is what killed it. My dehydrators do not tend to last that long, 2-4 years. After this last breakdown I went and bought a dehydrator with a 10 year warranty.

Any way on to the recipe. These tomatoes are so good. The only change that I made was that I dried my tomatoes to a crisp and for some of my later goes I used less oil. It did not need that much I think. I am planing on giving some of these away as part of my Three Kings Day gifts. The tomatoes are good broken up and put on salads or pasta. My favorite right now is powdering the tomatoes and then rehydrating with hot water to make a very tomatoe soup.

No comments: